Wednesday, November 1, 2023

November Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop

 Welcome to November's Counterfeit Kit Challenge and Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from Christine - https://www.youtube.com/@ScrappingHarden . The full blog hop is listed below.  

Lisa is the Master Forger leading us this month. First off, I would like to welcome our Guest Designer Silvia. Lisa says "She is an awesome, prolific scrapper and mini-album maker who is part of my German scrappy inner-circle and I'm happy to Say that she is a very good friend! Also, a November baby, it's going to be nice to spend this Scorpio month with her!" Welcome Silvia! You can find her https://www.instagram.com/silvia_scrappt/ .

Now for our inspiration this month. Lisa said "I've had a hard time finding a kit that really spoke to me for this pre-Christmas, autumn-ish/spring-ish, end-of-year time but in the end went for a kit that is quite festive but I really believe that we can change it up to anything you want it to be 🙂. There are bright colours and interesting patterns included as well as a good amount of embellishments to inspire. 

It's an exclusive kit of course, which means that if you are not a subscriber (and I know one or two of you are) then you will have to get creative to match up the products but again, I felt that there were enough universal colour combinations and patterns for you to be able to do that 🙂  

I particularly liked the silver accents for this pre-Christmas set of products rather than the traditional gold but let's face it, metallics are always a win.

I hope you like it as much as I do and are excited to enter the festive time of year in a gentle way, or take it in a different direction."

 Our Inspiration Kit this month is  - The Hip Kit Club November 2022 main Kit, which can be found here: https://www.hipkitclub.net/november-2022-main-kit .



Content list:  

  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo -All is Bright Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo -Come Let's Sing Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Festive Flowers Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Holiday Memories Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Jolly Mistletoe Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Keep Cozy Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Matching Pajamas Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Merry Everything Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Oh So Merry Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Star Bright Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Time to Celebrate Paper 
  • 1 sheet - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Under the Tree Paper 
  • 1 pkg. - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Ephemera w/ Silver Accents 
  • 1 pkg. - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Silver Puffy Alphabet Stickers 
  • 1 pkg. - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Chipboard Frames w/ Silver Accents 
  • 1 pkg. - HKC Exclusive - HoHoHo - Black Mini Phrase & Mini Icon Clear Stickers 

Official YouTube "unboxing" video - not really much to see!

Creating with the kit videos

I did not go with a Christmas Themed Kit. Yes, we have had snow! Yes, the temperatures are in the low 30's and lower! Yes, the leaves are turning colors! They have been turning for over a month due to the lack rain. No, they have not all fallen off! Yes, I had to pull everything out of my garden in the middle of September due the frost, - like the first week in September/last week of August. I'm not ready for the snow, the cold, the shoveling, the ice. I am ready for Fall. So, I went rogue with this kit!!! 

My Kit - CKC November 2023 - Happy Fall.  I still brought in the Colors, red, teal, green, and yellow. The theme is just different. 



I started with two paper pads for Recollections - Colors of Autumn and Give Thanks. I think they are from 2021. I added in Craft Smith Cardstock, DCWV - Vintage Memories (2017) and white and kraft cardstock. I also threw in some of the Simple Stores Color Vibe -Woods (2021) and a Dear Lizzy glitter paper "Meadowlark" (2012).


Some random embellishments I thought I could use on the pages along with what I have included for each page kit below.

I included the cut a part sheets from the Recollection collections, - 4 in all. A couple of Unity Stamp sets, a couple of paper pads that have similar colors, some die cuts from card making a stickers and labels. 


Page set 1: I think this is my favorite. 

I love this mushroom paper. I've had these pink fabric mushrooms forever! I pulled a couple of different die cut tags, a left-over border, chip board frames, printable journaling spots buttons, flowers and the apple and apple charm, and stamped bird. The dark red ribbon is velvet. I have two samples of washi tape at the top - hopefully I will remember to use it. 

Page ser 2:

I pulled in a large flower, wood veneer hears, chipboard hearts, die cut feathers, buttons, printable labels, left over leaves from a wreath for Doug and a piece of an edge punch. 

Page Set 3:
I pulled a ribbon, a teal flower, buttons and a printable label. I not sure if I will use white cardstock or kraft for the background. 

Page set 4.
I pulled darker reds heart buttons, and die cut sign, pom pom trim, a plain green trim, an orangish sheer ribbon, a pumpkin and some gens. 

Page set 5:

I have a Prima flower, tan lace, chipboard flowers, a left-over camera from another project.  

I know I will be adding in white and kraft cardstock, but I reserve the right to add in other product as needed. 

Your next stop on the hop is Julene - http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/  .

Thanks for stopping by and the full hop is listed below.

3 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Oooh this is fabulous. Pumpkins,leaves,mushrooms, wood tones. It definitely screams autumn or fall. Enjoy your kit this month.

Brandi Jo said...

This is beautiful! I love a good Fall kit! Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Misty said...

So love your mushroom paper and the switch to a fall vibe. I'm not ready for Christmas yet either.