Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sassy Studio Sock Hop and Paper Craft Planet's Birthday

The Paper Craft Planet's Progressive challenge this month is to use Sassy Studio's Sock Hop image and a Happy Birthday Theme.


I decided to make a small heart gift box for the backdrop of my image.  Using the Heart Box template I traced and cut out all of the pieces of the box, then cut patterned papers to fit the sides, lid and bottom. I forgot how long it takes to hand cut all the elements out instead of using my Cricut.



Next I printed out my Sassy Studio image and colored her in. I thought she need some definition so I glued her to a piece of black cardstock and cut her out again. She now stands out better against the box.
 


For my box top I pulled out my jar of premade flowers and selected a few that went with the colors on the box. A few bead and scraps of ribbon tucked around and my lid is finished.


I wrapped the sentiment around a toothpick, added a bead to the top and my Happy Birthday Flag is complete.

Thanks for stopping by.

Recipe:
Paper: Recollections - white and black; October Afternoon - Strawberry Jam (polka dot); Unknown: Crate Paper (blue pattern paper on top of box); Basic Grey (side stripe around the box)
Ink: Distress Ink - Vintage Photo; Stazon - Jet Black
Stamps: Close to My Heart - Say it in style
Box Template: Personal Stamp Exchange - Heart Box Template
Colored Pencils: Generals Kimberly - 703 Blue, 710 Pink, 770 French Blue; Steadtler - Peach, Light Blue, Light Brown, Medium Brown, and White
Misc.: Handmade flowers, beads, scraps of ribbon, adhesive, pencil, toothpick and scissors

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Aww she's a cutie, fantastic job