Saturday, November 12, 2011

Gingerbread Man

As you know from this weeks posts that today is my day to post for Card A Day Blog, the theme is Christmas Food and I'm continuing the Gingerbread Man theme.  I made an Easel card for today's card.   I used Design Studio to size up my pieces.  

My card size is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 and I'm not planning on using this card in an envelope but attaching to the bag of Gingerbread cookies that I will be making and giving to someone special. 



The ric rac is from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge.  I added a sheer ribbon behind my gingerbread man with the bow tied on the side.


Don't for get to stop by the Card A Day Blog to get your Daily Inspiration for Christmas Cards.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to visit the Card A Day Blog for your daily inspiration. Tomorrow starts the new weekly theme of Christmas Around the World with Designer Vicki Schram of Paper Squirrel

Click here for the cut file.
Click here to go to Splitcoast Stampers tutorial on how to make and Easel card (other sizes are in the tutorial).

Card front assembly:
Brown Cardstock  - 4 1/4 x 4 1/4
Blue Cardstock - 4x4
Cream Cardstock 3 3/4 x 3 3/4
Pattern Paper - 3 1/2 x 3 1/2

Inside Assembly:
Blue Cardstock - 4x4

Cream Cardstock 3 3/4 x 3
Red punched border - 3 3/4 x 3/4
Pattern Paper - 3 3/4 x 1 1/8


Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock: Recollections - brown, Unknown scraps - blue, red, white, cream; Pattern Paper - K&I memories scrapbook kit (it's a couple of years old)
Cricut Cartridges: From My Kitchen, George, Plantin Schoolbook
Ink: VersaMagic - Red Magic
Punch: Ornament punch border
Misc: Offray sheer ribbon, buttons, adhesive, pop up dots.

2 comments:

Jill said...

What a cute card. I love the gingerbread man. Thank you so much for sharing...:-)

Tina Campbell said...

Wow what a fun card. Very colorful, makes you happy to see it. Glad to see another cricut person in the house! TFS