Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Let Liberty Ring

Hi everyone and welcome to the continuation of the Country's Birthday at the Card A Day Blog.  Well I've been saving this piece of blue stars on the red paper for a layout and just haven't used it so I decided I would use it with the Liberty Bell for my card.  I combined it with the red metallic paper that I embossed with the stars folder.

 
The Liberty Bell is cut from the Stand and Salute Cartridge.  I cut it out of a scrap of DCWV silver metallic paper then inked it with burgundy ink to make it a little bit aged.  I added a blue ribbon at the bottom of the page.


I cut the stars paper again for the inside of my card then added a white journaling mat cut so there is a star border around the mat.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cutting Instructions:
Card Base: Blue Card stock - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2",  scored at 4 1/4"
Star Embossed layer: 4" x 5 1/4" then embossed


Recipe:
Paper: Cardstock - Recollections - blue and black; DCWV - silver; Unknown - red metallic, blue and red stars
Ink: Inkadinkadoo - burgundy
Ribbon: American Crafts - Denim
Cricut Cartridges: George and the Basic Shapes, Lacey Labels and Stand and Salute.
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug - Stars

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

That is a beautiful card!