Friday, January 25, 2019

January

I have another layout for the Scraptember Facebook Group this time for Day 16 - Sketch. I've had this sketch bookmarked for quite a while, it's from the Scrap Room .


I pulled a few papers from my January Counterfeit Kit - Make It Good and this is what I came up with.


I added in the strips I had leftover from the Touring Layout. I cut the journaling card in pieces to add it to the top left then above and below the pictures. I added and 18 and a 19 to represent the years.

For the guy's layouts I added the tags at both the top and the bottom of the layouts like the sketch had. The chipboard on my oldest's layout reads "Making Things Happen"


I have to confess, I used a lot of the pink pattern paper trying to get the angle going to the left side. I tend to cut it like I did on the layout for my youngest, so I added more of the left over yellow cardstock strips.  His chipboard reads "A New Story Starts Now". He got a new job after being unemployed for 8 months, I'll be adding a picture of his new place of employment.


Thanks for stopping by.

Scraptember Prompts:

Day 16 -  Sketch
Day 18 - Scraplift
Day 11 - Thread
Day 14 - Grid

January Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Make It Good
10 - 12x12 Layouts
1 - 12x12 pocket page
2 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
3 - cards


Recipe:
Paper: Craft Smith tan and gray cardstock; Jen Hadfield "Best of" chicken wire, pink and blue pattern papers; The Paper Studio - Pearlized Cardstock; Recollections yellow and white; Fancy Pants - Office Suite 6x6 papers; Simple Stores "Hello Summer"
Chipboard: January 2018 Stories by the Month kit and journaling card cut apart
Stickers: Webster Pages Love Story sticker sheet (18 and 19); Jeni Bowlin Homespun Banner stickers
Misc.; Adhesive, Crop-a-dile, enamel hearts, ribbon, Shimelle puffy hearts, Unknown printable No 1 and No 2, and zots



1 comment:

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: these are great layouts! And you've gotten a lot of crafting mileage out of your "Make It Good" CKC Jan 2019 kit!!!!