Tuesday, February 12, 2019

New Butterfly House

Our Challenge number One at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog is to use lots of embellishments.  In my CKC kit - So Exciting I had a couple of printable butterfly cards from Handmade Home which I fussy cut out for my layout. I used my second page set for my background paper. I trimmed it down and added rust colored cardstock.

I found a couple of rub on scroll corners and a couple of circle dots that I sprinkled around the page. Then I pulled out my Tim Holtz Fanciful Flight die (I found it cleaning) and used some scrap pattern paper to fill the wings.

I really like how the rub on corners are containing the butterflies on the page and the dotted circles add just a bit more movement.

My journaling is on the back - "I requested a butterfly house for Mother's Day. They got me this awesome butterfly house and a bug house. I'm not sure I had any visitors last summer but It is there for them."

Thanks for stopping by

February Counterfeit Kit Challenge - So Exciting
1 - 12x12 Layout

Recipe:
Paper: Colorbok paper - Truffle; Unknown Cardstock, blue and rust colored;
Rub ons: Circle dots - 7 gypsies Pretoria Elements; Unknown corner rubon
Butterflies: Handmade Home, Stampin' Up - Embosslits "Beautiful Wings"; Eva Evita Butterflies and Tim Holtz Fanciful Flight die.

4 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Those butterflies are beautiful! I love the photo and hope you get lots of butterflies soon.

Becca Sadler said...

Cindy: breathe-taking layout combination with the sketch interpretation and the embellishment aspect of the challenge! Love all the butterflies!

Lisa said...

Such a lot of pretty butterflies! And I love the idea of the houses you were given - I'd love a bee house but living in an apartment block, it's not really something that's a good idea!

Tara O said...

The butterflies are beautiful!!