Tuesday, September 1, 2020

September 2020 Counterfeit Kit Reveal and Blog Hop - CKC September 2020 - Summertime Cheers

 Welcome to the September 2020 Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop (I have the full hop listed below).  Can you believe how fast the year is moving! Summer is almost over, schools are starting, leaves are changing here in Minnesota, the weather is great, the garden is producing, we are still grilling and enjoying the patio and deck. 

With that said, I'm hosting this month at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog and I picked The Scraproom August 2020 Flavors of the Month kit. I love  how I will be able to scrap all of this with just one kit and how I can combine the kits and make a layout using a little bit of all of them. It is like one giant kit or four small ones. 

You can find the kit here and here is an unboxing video.  

We will be joined by Misty Murphy this month. I have been following her on her You Tube Channel Crafty Soup Video https://www.youtube.com/user/CraftySoupVideo. You should have come here from her You Tube Channel, if not you can hop on over from above link. 

Here is my September 2020 - Summertime Cheers

I've broken it down into the four kit like The Scraproom has. First up is the Flavors of the Month Kit #1 Doodle Bug Bar-B- Cute.  I put this together using the colors in from the inspiration kit and then added some of the stamped elements 

White Cardstock, Recollections Home Basics Paper pad ( next three papers), red cardstock, Flair Designs - Hot off the Grill (2008) green cardstock, Creative Imaginations - Samantha Walker (2008?), Kraft cardstock.


I stamped a bunch of my elements for this kit, but I do have a red doily from the Dollar store and heart enamel dots. 

Stamps I've used so far are: Unity Stamp Company KOTM - March 2017 {pretty darn amazing}, November 2012 {so into you},  August 2011 { what I know} July 2011 {better together}, June 2011 {all smiles} and May 2011 {think HAPPY thoughts}

Next is Flavors of the Month Kit #2 is Echo Park School Rules Collections. 

Now I do not have school age kids or grandkids, both boys are out of college and my DIL is not teaching due to COVID-19 and Daycare issues.  But I can still use this some school items for my scrapbooking. 


I have dark grey cardstock, Piggy Tales - Simple Simon Collection "Mother's pail" (2009), black cardstock, The Girls' Paperie - On Holiday "Days Away" (2010) front and back, yellow cardstock, white cardstock. I have rub ons  from Piggy Tales - 5 Little Ducks, Georgie Porgie, chipboard from the ants go marching,  stickers from Me and My Big Ideas, Soft Spoken (2006)  


Flavors of the Month Kit #3 is Simple Stories Bo and Co Collection. 

My kit includes Kraft cardstock, Bo Bunny- Take a Hike "Compass" (2016), Green cardstock, Carta Bella - The Great Outdoors " 3x4 Journaling cards backside of the paper (2016), DCWV - Timeless Texture Stack (2008?), Basic Grey - Oh Baby! Boy "Matthew" (unknown year), white speckled cardstock, K and I memories die cut "Lace Cardstock" (2007), Black cardstock, DCWV star paper (unknown year and name), Little Yellow Bicycle - Wipe Out "Grey Ledger" and "Ride the Wave" unknown years.  

Flavors of the Month Kit  #4 is Simple Stories - Simple Vintage Great Escape. I love the Dragon fly and Mushroom paper in the original kit.  For my kit I pulled inspiration from the "Time for Adventure" paper. 


First is the remnants of a paper pad from Colorbok - Truffle. 


I have one sheet of each of these papers left, some alphabet and  embellishments


I also have three sheets of Scenic Route Grafton Kraft "Spinner", "Surf Leaf" and "Surf Board" all from 2008. All three are large designs on the left side of the paper. 


 With it I have included cardstock in green, blue red and white. I pulled out a couple of my stamps and stamped ferns, butterflies, a bird and mushrooms. The stamps are from Unity Stamp Company KOTM August 2020 {count your blessings}, June 2020 {change the world}, April 2020 {hope in uncertainty}, March 2017 pretty darn amazing} and August 2016 {open your soul}

I have an embellishment kit I'm including for this month. 


It's  made up of a few 6x6 paper pads that have the shapes in all four kits - Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine and On a Whim, Pink Fresh - Everyday Musings, and Crate Paper - Good Vibes,  more stamps - Stampin' Up - Nature Walk, Sew Suite a couple of unknown stamp sets with animals, 
Pink Fresh puffy star stickers (2017),  wood veneer hearts and stars , stitched heart dies, heart and star punch, Embossing Folders - Tim Holtz Rulers , Cuttlebug Heart Blocks and Stars, twine and embroidery floss along with buttons. 

Your next stop on the hop is Julene, who has had her kit done for quite a while. I can't wait to see what she included in hers.

Here is full blog hop:

 Tomorrow come back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog as I will have the Just the Gist of it. 
Thanks for Stopping by. 

8 comments:

Susanne said...

I see this month's 4 part inspiration as a challenge of its own. I like what you have pulled here for your kit. Enjoy.

Lori said...

You have done an awesome job pulling your kit together. I can see so much from the inspiration kit in your kit and I look forward to seeing what you create with it!

Tara O said...

This is a beautiful kit! I love all of your included stamped images!! I hope you are able to create lots of lovely projects from your kit!

Julene Matthews said...

These all look fabulous to use.You have lots of lovely elements there I wish I owned. Those stars for starters plus the simple stories papers.

Clair said...

Great kits within a kit! x

Tina Campbell said...

Love that you did the 4 parts too :) and the one paper you wasn't sure of the purple/black strip with stars is from the DCWV ROCKSTAR Stack :) Look forward to seeing your creations this month :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Brava! You know I'm loving those forgeries <3 The perfect inspiration kit for a big kit maker! Thanks for hosting September.

Sarah Rice said...

Great kit! Loving your stamping.