Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog - December 2020 - Forged Photo Prompts! Day 2

 This December our CKC master Forger Design Team members will be providing a simple one word daily photo prompt, easy-peasy in this busy month. In the spirit of counterfeiting a kit, we are twisting the photo prompt into a scavenger hunt! The object is to take a quick peek through your camera roll for a photo that satisfies the prompt. A side benefit is perhaps, training ourselves to see more in the photo than the obvious people, places or things.

The Counterfeit Kit Challenge this month is a photo scavenger hunt with Day 2's photo prompt of  Nature!. I picked this photo of Lake Meade in Nevada for my photo.



So many stories to tell with this one photo of nature - first time to Lake Mead, Nevada, first time to Las Vegas, celebrating a wedding, visiting an old friend. Four little stories from one simple Nature photo. 

Now for the layout I did. I pulled in some scraps from my CKC February 2020 - Love Letters kit to make this double page layout of the wedding we attended. in the Red Rock Canyon in Nevada. This layout was a challenge for me as I was never happy with the background papers. - they always seemed wrong for the background of the Red Rocks. Now I love the DCWV Tajamahal Stack paper that I used, I just cut the border off and the damask pattern on the paper doesn't seen to clash with the Red Rocks.



The red borders and die cut hearts are from a scrap that I had left over. One of the borders is pieced together as I didn't have long enough piece and the hearts are die cut in the size that would fit onto to the scrap. 



The large heart on the left and the heart on the right are all missing a piece as the paper was just not large enough for the die, but it's all covered up by the flowers and tucked under the pictures. 


I added a few of the flowers that were included in the kit, a couple of brads one of the wooden hearts and a date label. The heart cluster at the bottom is the only one that has the brad in it as I only had two of the sparkly brads left. 


Here is the Right side of the layout




And the Left side of the layout.

 The second set of layouts is of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam. I'm using my Nature picture on this layout, it is the photo on the top.


 I had a sheet of the flower paper from Bo Bunny Genevieve Collection from the CKC February 2020- Love Letters kit. 



I added in the stripe paper and yellow cardstock and few die cut leaves. 

The third layout used the Tim Holtz Correspondence paper pad, Kraft cardstock and a piece of red cardstock. The pictures are on a scrap piece of Stampin' Up Botanical Gazette paper with photo corners out of brown cardstock. 


From my one photo prompt I was able to finish three of the stories and finish off my CKC February 2020 - Love Letters kit. Three of the four stories from one beautiful picture of Nature.


Thanks for stopping by

Recipe: 

Counterfeit Kit Challenge - CKC February 2020 - Love Letters
Paper: DCWV - Tajamahal Stack (2009)m DCWV Immortal Love (2009): Tan, Gray, Brown, Kraft and yellow  cardstock; Tim Holtz - Correspondence paper pad 0 Blue and off white paper; Bo Bunny - Genevieve Collection paper pad
Alphabet Stickers - Color Theory - blue
Misc.: Flowers - Petaloo Premier - Mixed Blossoms Antique Rose, Little Birdie - Elvina Amor Mio flowers,  Hearts - wood shapes, Bo Bunny - Double Dot Brads ruby red (2016), DIY Label, Stitched Heart Dies, Kraft foam, DIY die cut leaves and Zots.

No comments: