Tuesday, August 1, 2023

 Welcome to another month of Counterfeit Kit Challenge reveal and blog hop. Master Forger Lisa is our host this month and our Guest Designer is Clair Rigby. She is a dear friend of CKC and former Master Forger, She can be found here - Clair Rigby! Here's a little bit about Clair. 

"Hello! Hello! I'm Clair, I live in the NW of the UK with my lovely fella and two, lovely, little black cats. I am blessed to have a little craft room in the attic, where I can retreat whenever I need a little bit of me time. 

I created my first Counterfeit Kit in 2011, which means that the ladies on the DT have been in my life for almost a third of it! I was lucky to be offered a spot on the DT in October 2015 and, with a few 'life breaks' here and there, remained on the team until 2021. I used up a lot of my stash :)

I've loved to see an influx of new followers over in the Counterfeit Kit Community Facebook Group and, even if I can't be there as often as I'd like to be, it's such a source of inspiration for my own crafting. I'm really looking forward to my month as a GD and can't wait to see everyone's kits and makes! 

Clair xx"

This is what Lisa has to say about the kit. "I've chosen another new kit club for August - this time from the European online shop Pink and Paper. It's run by Flóra who has designed and worked with some of the big names including designing the latest Pinkfresh Studio collection, Lovely Blooms. Her kit club is a little different - it's a private membership which includes two online live workshops to create pages together using the kit elements - and of course I had to give a go! I love it when something is coming out of my corner of the world!  

 

Apart from the fact that I think new kit clubs should be applauded in general, I think this is an interesting mix of colours and motifs as well as being a kit that can be stretched as you need it - stronger colours can be picked out for colder seasons, lots of florals and summer colours for us in the middle of summer. "

Pink and Paper Subscription Club - June kit

Now for my August CKC - Heat Wave.  This month I'm starting again with a Pinkfresh kit I bought and never finished - "Good Times". I have a lot of the embellishments left, two  full sheets of my not favorite paper and a bunch of scraps. 




Next is a set of random papers I again want to get used up. I had to include the gingham paper in similar colors and the rest is more of a teal and turquoise colors. 


I will be bringing in a lot of cardstock - both white and colors and using my scrap pile. My scrap pile is out of control at the moments. 

As for embellishments - I have brought in my circle punches and dies. I'm keeping out the dies and stamps from last month. This month I will be adding in some new to me stamps I received from my sister. She was gifted a box of stamps, a few with dies, a couple of embossing folders and other craft supplies. She is not a paper crafter. We are video calling and she hold up and item, asks what it is and what is it used for, would I use it. 


I am now digging through a box of surprise supplies like a kid at Christmas. Here is just a few of the supplies I will be using this month. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

The full Blog Hop!

You know that we always love to see your work, so please share your kits and projects with us. You can post them in our Facebook Community or share them on Instagram (we are @counterfeitkitchallenge or tag us using #counterfeitkitchallenge and #ckcaugust2023).

 


3 comments:

Clair said...

I love all of the teals and turquoises included in your kit - one of my favourite colours so, of course, I never have enough of it! xx

Misty said...

I love the sharing of craft supplies with your non-crafty sister. So fun. Glad you could get some of those items in your kit. Good luck getting your scraps under control. I did that not too long ago!

Anonymous said...

Perfect kit name! I had a friend find out I was a scrapbooker & she gave me a HUGE tote full of mostly Close to my heart stamps. She is a cardmaker & had taken what she could use. I ended up sharing with 3 other friends before it was all claimed 😁 Happy scrapping this month 💕