Friday, September 29, 2017

For the birds and St Paul Saints

I have used up my paper from the September Counterfeit Kit so I am going to go back to some previous kits and finish them off. This is from the February 2016 - Aren't You Lovely Page set 9.



It contains Amy Tangerine Stitched papers a couple of 6x6 papers from Stampin' Up- Welcome Neighbor, a few rhinestone, flowers, ribbon and a couple of die cuts. To this I added the September Skies Project Life Value kit, White and black cardstock, enamel dots and alphabet stickers and a few items from my reject box.

I started with the layouts for my guys. When they moved into their new place a robin had made her nest on the rain gutter under the eaves by their front door.  I snapped a few pictures to scrapbook for them after they were all moved in.


In my reject box there was two flowers, one bird and two large wings. I colored chipboard pieces with evergreen bough and then went around the outsides with brushed corduroy.  I also had a white pieces of a chipboard flower that I did not color.


The dragon fly was cut in half - one for each layout. The labels were cut lengthwise and used at the top and bottom of the layouts with the flower clusters along with the die cut flowers. A few sequins and rhinestones finish off their layouts.

 

My layout is a picture of the geese stopping traffic. We were coming home one evening and the traffic was just terrible. We thought there was an accident but it was just the geese crossing the road.

I cut the 3x4 card into a tag, punched a hole, threaded the lace and ribbon through it.  I added the bird to finish off this embellishment cluster. I added the wings to the top and bottom of the layout along with the rhinestones flowers, sequins, ribbon and paper.

 

My next layout will have a picture of us from the St. Paul Saints baseball game. I added the large die cut flower to the side, the clear "Be Brave and Wild" 3x4 card, the place label another arrow die cut, ribbon and enamel dots.


 I added a project life page to go with this for the month of July. I stamped the flower and saying onto tracing paper and embossed in gold.


The "what I learned" journaling spot was in my eject box and I thought it went perfectly with these colors.  I used a few of the embellishments from the September Skies Kit, alphabet stickers and DIY enamel dots to finish off both sides.

 

For my youngest I will  add a picture of him squinting at me. I used the clear 3x4 card, alphabet stickers and another die cut arrow.

 

I also did a project life spread for him of the baseball game and firework show afterwards.


 

 I have another layout and project life spread of the fireworks coming.

From my reject box I used die cut labels -4, labels-3, place label -1, lace, journaling spots-2, 3x4 card and the chipboard pieces.

 Thanks for stopping by.

September Counterfeit Kit - Enjoy the Little Things
17 - 12x12 Layouts
7 - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts
2 - 12x12 Project Life
2 - 8 1/2 x 11 Project Life

September 100 Pattern Paper Challenge - Use Stamps on your layout
5  - 12 x 12 Layouts
2  - 8 1/2 x 11 Layouts

Christy's Beautiful Life - 30 Days of Sketches
Sketch 1 - 3 Layouts  Recycling and the whole story
Sketch 2 - 2 Layouts  Sewing for Tank
Sketch 3 - 1 Layout   Boston Trip
Sketch 4 - 3 Layouts Life is Good
Sketch 5 - 1 Layout Adventure and Adventure redone
Sketch 6 - Tank

Recipe:
September Counterfeit Kit - Enjoy the Little Things
 February 2016 - Hello Lovely

Paper: Amy Tangerine - Stitched;  Stampin' Up- Welcome Neighbor; Recollections - white and black cardstock
Stamps: Unity Stamp Co KOTM -August 2017 {never be afraid}
Ink: Distress Ink - black soot, evergreen bough, brushed corduroy
Misc.: Adhesive, Corner Punch,  Embossing powder -gold, die cut flowers,  Foam Dots, Glue Dots, heat gun, hole punch,  Sequins and Zots

No comments: